Friday, June 12, 2009

Same thing... so different!




The book "Angela's Ashes" by Frank Mc Court is one of my all time favourites. The author did a marvellous job in painting vivid pictures of Limerick and his childhood there. While reading I felt like I was just a few steps behind him watching from the sidelines. I really is one of the best (and saddest) books I've ever gotten hold of and I must have read it at least a dozen times by now.
As usual I've been inspired by the book cover to do some sketching myself. The curious thing however is that I discovered, when sorting through papers the other day, that I had done the same sketch twice already. I did the pictures approximately a year apart (from top to bottom: spring 2007, summer 2008, spring 2009). It's amazing how different I saw the same person.
None really lookes very much like the original (liked original pic to book title), but I like them anyway, especially the last one. (The quality once again isn't too great. Especially the middle one got slightly distorted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment